Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Face Of Australia Lip Crayons



I've seen a lot of hype surrounding these lip crayons lately, so I decided to pick some up. I have never tried a lip crayon product so I was really interested to see what they would be like. I first thought after swatching them they would have no colour payoff and would only add a subtle tint to my lips but I was completely wrong. These are fantastic, they are extremely easy to apply and glide straight on. I like to apply a lot to get a richer colour - but of course you can use less for a more sheer look. 

These lasted a couple of hours, and didn't dry out my lips at all - something I've had a huge problem with lately. Although I would probably recommend exfoliating your lips before using these though, as I found they did show up the dry spots. One of my favourite things about these crayons is that they come with wind up packaging which is fantastic for people like me who despise sharpening products. I'm also really fond of the outer packaging, I think it's simple and cute and I love the little pictures on them. 

These come in a pack of three for around $14.00, which is a really great price for three products. I believe these are limited editions but hopefully FOA will realise how popular they are and bring out a full permanent range of them. I can't choose a favourite shade I actually quite like wearing them all. 

Have you tried these? What's your favourite shade? 

24 comments:

  1. Hot dayum, how does every colour look gorgeous on you?! I've been trying to find these for ages but haven't seen them in store yet (besides for gross testers) so they seem to be really popular. I've pretty much given all hope in finding/buying them but you've made me reconsider... Not good for my wallet! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sucks you haven't been able to find them, they're amazing! You'll have to scour all the places that sell FOA, they're so worth the $$$!

      Delete
  2. You are such a stunning lady! These look great! I love macaron, lovely shade xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too kind, Macaron is super pretty isn't it? So fun to wear x

      Delete
  3. They sound lovely - and they look fab on you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These looks great! You wouldn't think they'd be so pigmented! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they seem so sheer but look so lovely on!

      Delete
  5. You look gorgeous! I have the lip crayons as well and I love them! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they're such a hit hopefully they bring out more!

      Delete
  6. All of the colours look amazing on you! I bought a set of these about a month ago and have worn them a lot, I don't think I could pick a favourite colour either.

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura, they're all so nice I'm hoping because they're so popular they bring out more in different colours that'd be awesome!

      Delete
  7. I found sundae really hard to wear because it looked way too brown on my lips, but it looks amazing on you! I agree about exfoliating too. It makes the application so much more even.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness I want! Are these only sold in Austrailia? (I live in the US)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are only here in Aus I'm pretty sure. Although I am thinking of featuring these in a giveaway shortly so keep an eye out for that x

      Delete
  9. I love the packaging on these and the macaroon color looks so good on you. Thanks for the comment, I'm really glad it brought me to your blog. Love it and now a new follower :)

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where did you buy them from Katelyn? I want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine at Priceline but you can get them at Big W/Kmart as well x

      Delete
  11. wow these look really nice, might just try hunt them down tomorrow thanks katylyn xo
    Scrapbook de la Emma

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look great, might have to pick some up xx

    http://kitschsnitch.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  13. The first shade really compliments your eyes! Great swatches x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello my dear! You're look amazing!;)
    I like it <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. all three of these are gorgeous! I wish we got them in the UK so I could have a try, they all look like shades Id wear daily oxoox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, we honestly do appreciate it.
Please feel free to leave your link so we can check out your blog. xo